Bored with conventional welding? Come join our Rapid Arc Welding team!
Our business unit SILICON RAW BV runs rental, servicing and installation projects for fastening systems, specialised welding equipment and personnel at customer locations. The projects are mostly involved in the petrochemical and cement industry and are carried out worldwide.
SILICON’s Rapid Arc Welding (RAW) technology is one of a kind. It surpasses conventional studwelding by offering consistent high quality welds, high speed installation and improved user friendliness. Our team of highly skilled operators travel around the world to install SILICON anchoring products using SILICON RAW equipment.
We are seeking an energetic, responsible Welding Engineer to join our growing organization.
Material Scientist / Welding Engineer
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform and log weld tests for new RAW products such as new anchors and ferrules
- Create, evaluate and maintain welding procedures and inspection procedures for SILICON welding.
- Write and maintain engineering documentation related to welding technology, weld tests .e. welding parameters.
- Maintain database of welding
- and serve as focal point amongst the RAW team to ensure consistent documentation on welding results on all jobs. i.e. WPS/PQR documentation
- Actively share knowledge of SILICON welding and related matters amongst the team
- Contact point for internal departments for questions related to welding, welding procedures, inspection procedures and other related matters.
- Lead research and Development projects regarding welding modes, such as:
- Pre- heating RAW
- Underwater welding
- Build a FAQ for the jobsite operators
- Support our Knowlegde Centre in the construction of welding background and metal knowledge
- University level education with a specialisation in Welding or Metallurgy;
- Welding experience;
- Good social and communication skills;
- Fluent in English (spoken and written). Any additional European language is a plus;
- Pro-active, and stress resistant;
- Able to work independently and in an organised manner;
- Confident and result driven with a strong focus on details;
- No 8-5 mentality;
- Interested in joining a young and dynamic team that is quickly expanding;
- Willing to help SILICON get to the next level of expansion.
Did we “spark” your interest? Visit our website www.silicon.nu for this and more job openings at SILICON or apply immediately by sending your recent CV, references and motivation letter to email@example.com.