Since her establishment in 1982, SILICON has grown into an international product leader in special stainless fastening systems. SILICON is a metal fabricating and welding services company with more than 75 employees. We primarily design and manufacture these fastening systems and carry out specialized welding service in the Petrochemical, Steel Manufacturing, Energy, Cement and Shipbuilding industries.
For our growing international markets are we looking for an experienced Sales Manager with a technical background, who has the affinity for the above markets. SILICON aims to transform markets from a conservative status quo to our unique methods by approaching these markets with new technologies offering, improved service life times, cost effectiveness and reduced job site safety hazards. Silicon scores on technical merit.
If you believe yourself to be a person that is able to create such effects on a global market, able to travel to all the continents, as well as lead the sales team by example, we would like to talk with you.
We have a position that requires dedication, affinity for the employees, time management and planning skills. In this position you will also been considered as a sparring partner for the directors.
Technical Sales Manager
The purpose of the Technical Sales Manager is to promote and sell the products and services our organisation with maximum profitability, to as many potential customers as possible.
You will get the opportunity to approach new markets, to apply marketing tools and to find the right distribution channels according to your own vision and drive, with the intention to reach the department targets and to realize the organization goals.
You take care of the development of your department by heading the team members on-the-job the best possible way and by coaching them on their motivation, skills, knowledge and KPI’s. After a short training we expect you to have understood the subject matter and take on these tasks.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible for carrying out the agreed sales strategy of the organization;
- Visit (potential) Customers;
- Manage, coach and motivate the account managers (3), internal sales employees (5) and the marketing employee. Show them how an active sales team gets results based on affinity for the product, passion for the customer and knowing how to speak to customers based on their needs;
- Ensure proper reporting of visits and opportunities. Inform the engineering team and sales teams of new market potentials and discoveries of needs in the market so that new products can be developed;
- Maintain and expand the current customer base in the Netherlands and Belgium;
- Maintain good communication and cooperation with other internal departments;
- Report to the CEO.
- HBO or University level, preferably with a technical background
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar position in a technical, commercial environment
- Proven people-management and sales skills
- Excellent knowledge of international sales processes
- Commercially result driven
- Strong understanding of business processes
- You have good business communication skills in English and Dutch (both spoken and written). Other languages like French, German or Spanish will be an asset
- A social, communicative strong and pro-active person
- A team player who can work independently and have a positive effect on his environment
- Not a 9-5 mentality
What SILICON Offers
- Opportunity to prove oneself through hard endeavour
- Personal Training Opportunities to improve Self
- Personal growth opportunities with no limits other than your own
- Pleasant and informal atmosphere
- Company car after the initial trial period
- Laptop and Cell Phone
- A fitting salary to match the dynamic of your performance, attitude and character
SILICON further offers an attractive benefits package in accordance with CAO for Metaalbewerkingsbedrijf.
If you identify with in the above profile and meet the above job requirements, then please apply with your recent CV, references and motivation letter by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions, please contact the HR Department, Mrs. Lisa Verhoeven via our number 0174-225521.