Are you good at maths, do you have technical insight and would you like to use your analytical skills on a daily basis? Are you in search of an all-round job with corporate growth opportunities? SILICON is searching for a proactive and all-round Technical Inside Sales employee to join our team.
The Technical Inside Sales employee is a member of the Inside Sales team. Your daily activities consist of preparing customer quotations and processing orders. Correct price calculations based on required production steps are essential. In addition you work on price-lists and improvements on the calculation methodologies. You are a technical support for the other Sales team members and communicate often with other departments.
This is a very all-round job position in which technical insight and an affinity with calculations are essential given the technical nature of SILICON’s products.
- Evaluate incoming enquiries and orders for correctness and completeness
- Ensure correct methodologies are available for price calculations
- Create and maintain price-lists for internal and/or external use
- Create and maintain items in our ERP database
- Read and understand technical drawings
- Calculate prices by analysing the production process, the required production steps and materials
- Present the calculated prices in a representative quotation (in the ERP system)
- Process orders (in the ERP system) and ensure that all relevant information (e.g. customer drawings, special requests) is clear and available for the Production department
- Maintain customer information and related technical documentation
- Evaluate stock quantities periodically based on analyses of historical and expected sales data, and production times
- Help out to improve processes to increase your team’s efficiency
- Be a technical support for other Sales team members
- Be a contact for Sales Account Managers
- Be a contact for customers when the Sales Account Managers are not available
- Communicate with other departments (Purchasing, Order Processing, Production Planning) to obtain all necessary information (e.g. material cost prices, production steps, delivery times).
- HBO level educated, preferably technical or economical background
- Analytical; possess technical insight and an affinity with calculations
- Organized and able to work independently and in high stress situations
- Excellent communication skills in English (both spoken and written)
- Languages like French, German, Italian or Spanish will be an asset
- Experience with MS Office (or similar)
- Experience with SAP similar ERP systems is a plus
- Experience in a similar job in a manufacturing company is a plus
- Quick learner of new software applications
- A social, communicative strong and pro-active person
- A team player who can work independently and create a positive effect on their environment
What SILICON Offers
SILICON offers an excellent rewarding system for productivity and ethical conduct.
- Opportunity to prove oneself through hard endeavour
- Personal training Opportunities to improve yourself
- Personal growth opportunities with no limits other than your own
- Pleasant and informal atmosphere
- 25 paid vacation days per year
- A fitting salary to match the dynamic of your performance, attitude and character
SILICON further offers an attractive benefits package in accordance with CAO for Metaalbewerkingsbedrijf.
If you identify yourself in the above profile and meet the job requirements, please apply by sending in your motivation letter and recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions, please contact the HR Department, via our number 0174-225521.