Since her establishment in 1982, SILICON has grown into an international product leader in special stainless fastening systems. SILICON is a metal fabricating and welding services company with more than 75 employees. We primarily design and manufacture these fastening systems and carry out specialized welding service in the Petrochemical, Steel Manufacturing, Energy, Cement and Shipbuilding industries.
As purchaser you will take care of many of the company’s production, staff, office and service needs. This would be from the office paperclip to heavy machinery. After the evaluation of suppliers, product quality, delivery times and prices, you will provide our company with all products we need to continue our production and services.
- The company is growing and we need more office spaces. As purchaser you will be involved in acquiring all necessary furniture and office accessories your colleagues need, in collaboration with other internal departments.
- Our packing department needs to automate their processes with modern machines. As the purchaser you will jointly make a plan for this project, carry it out after accordance and check whether all expectations are met.
- Execute all purchasing activities;
- Process purchase orders, receipts, claims, stock update and production of subcontractors into SAP system;
- Constantly monitor business needs and internal product stock levels;
- Search and select the best product and suppliers, based on best value, delivery capabilities and quality;
- Build and maintain a good relationship with our suppliers;
- Collaborate with suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and customers;
- Settle contracts and monitor the quality of the service provided;
- Stay informed about price trends and their impact;
- Ensure the organisation Purchasing Strategy is updated;
- Evaluate bids and make recommendations, based on commercial and technical factors;
- Attend trade meetings and conferences.
Are you the colleague we are looking for?
- University degree, with a focus on Procurement (f.e. International Business);
- Several years experience with procurement and inventory;
- Independent and good at negotiating, networking, as well as dealing with factors such as sustainability, risk management and ethical issues;
- Good understanding and use of the international contract and logistics terms are a pre-requisite (InCoterms, payment terms etc);
- Fluent English is mandatory, Dutch and other languages are a plus;
- Any technical background is a plus;
- Experience with Microsoft software packages and SAP B1 or a similar ERP system.
Do you match with this profile? Let’s get in touch!
What SILICON offers
SILICON offers an excellent rewarding system for productivity and ethical conduct.
- Trainings and professional development plans.
- Opportunities and room to prove yourself.
- Passionate multicultural colleagues and a highly social work atmosphere.
- A suitable salary, according to the CAO scales, to match your experience.
SILICON also offers an attractive benefits package in accordance with the CAO for Metaalbewerkingsbedrijf.
Do you identify yourself in the above profile and meet the above job requirements?Then please apply with your recent CV, references and motivation letter by e-mail to email@example.com. For questions, please contact the HR Department, Mrs. Lisa Verhoeven via our number 0174-225521.