SILICON is a manufacturing company of stainless steel products for mainly the petrochemical industry. In addition SILICON develops specialised welding equipment. For this department we have a job opening for an allround Electrical & Electronics Engineer who will be responsible (amongst others) for the electrical design of the welding equipment and its electrical components to ensure the equipment runs smoothly.
This is an allround position including coordinating tasks. Due to the international focus of the company it is vital that the English language is well mastered.
As an Electrical and electronics engineer, you will specify, design, develop and qualify electrical infrastructure of the welding equipment.
- Ensure the electrical design remains optimal and implement improvements based on new requirements and/or new technologies available;
- Draw electrical schematics/wiring diagrams and technical drawings;
- Implementation and documentation of electrical design & changes, electronic specifications and reports and machine developmental history;
- Recognise (potential) bottlenecks and problems and pro-actively work on improvements;
- Equipment troubleshooting, fault finding and understanding and documenting failures;
- Ensure safety regulations, industry standards and certifications are met;
- Co-ordinate with the electronic research and developmental team in the UK;
- Develop and maintain test procedures for verification on component and assembly level and give instructions regarding this;
- Support the shop floor regarding maintenance, usage and installation of electrical and electronic components;
- Select electrical components based on cost and performance; Support the purchasing of electrical components and communicate with suppliers regarding technical matters;
- Be the first point of contact for technical questions from colleagues related to electrical components;
- Transfer of knowledge and provide support to production, engineering and on-site supervisors.
You possess a higher education working and thinking level (WO) with a technical background in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering or similar.
- Practical experience as electrical designer/developer or test engineer of electrical/electronic functions is preferred.
- Broad technical knowledge of electrical and electronics with basic knowledge of physics, mechanics and software.
- Strong analytic and problem solving ability, systematic approach.
- Initiative, pro-active.
- High motivated and communicative team player .
- Creative, innovative and attention to detail.
- Pragmatic attitude and quality focus.
- Well-organised, able to work independently and in high stress situations.
- Excellent communication skills in English (both spoken and written) is required.
If you identify yourself in the above profile and meet the job requirements, please apply by sending in your motivation letter and recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions, please contact the HR Department, via our number 0174-225521.