Are you good with numbers, do you have technical insight and would you like to use your analytical skills on a daily basis?
SILICON is searching for a proactive and all-round Technical Inside Sales Support employee to join our team.
The Technical Inside Sales Support function is part of the Inside Sales team. Your daily activities would consist of preparing customer quotations and processing orders. Correct price calculations based on the required production steps are essential. In addition you would provide technical support for the other Sales team members and frequently communicate with other departments.
This is a multi-tasking position in which technical insight and an affinity with calculations are essential, given the technical nature of SILICON’s products.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Calculating prices by analysing the production process, the required production steps and materials
- Presenting the calculated prices in a representative quotation (using the ERP system)
- Processing orders (using the ERP system) and ensuring that all relevant information (e.g. customer drawings, special requests) is clear and available for the Production department
- Maintaining customer information and related technical documentation
- Creating and maintaining items in our ERP database
- Reading and understanding technical drawings
- Improving processes to increase your team’s efficiency
- Providing technical support for other Sales team members
- Acting as a contact for Sales Account Managers
- Acting as a contact for customers when the Sales Account Managers are not available
- Communicating with other departments (Purchasing, Order Processing, Production Planning) to obtain all necessary information (e.g. material cost prices, production steps, delivery times).
- HBO level education, preferably technical or economical background
- Experience with SAP or similar ERP systems is a plus
- Analytical, possessing technical insight and an affinity with calculations
- Organized and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills in English (both spoken and written)
- Languages such as French, German, Italian or Spanish will be an asset
- Experience with MS Office (or similar)
- Experience in a similar job in a manufacturing company is a plus
- Quick learner of new software applications
- A social, communicative and pro-active person
- A team player who can work independently and create a positive effect on the work environment
What SILICON Offers
SILICON offers an excellent rewarding system for productivity and ethical conduct.
- Opportunity to prove yourself through hard endeavour
- Personal training will provide opportunities for self-improvement
- Personal growth opportunities with no limits other than your own
- Pleasant and informal atmosphere
- 25 paid vacation days per year
- A fitting salary to match the dynamic of your performance, attitude and character
- SILICON further offers a benefits package in accordance with CAO for Metaalbewerkingsbedrijf.
If you identify yourself in the above profile and meet the job requirements, please apply by sending in your motivation letter and recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions, please contact the HR Department, via our number +31 174-225521.